1. will I loose content if I switch my WordPress Themes ?
No, all your content is stored in a database, your Themes are kept separate so you won’t loose any content.
2. How do I redevelop an existing website without taking it offline?
The easiest way is to develop your new website on a temporary url and then switch it to the correct one. Ask your hosting company whether they support this.
3. A WordPress plugin caused the white screen of death on my website, how do I fix it?
You need to ftp in to your server, go to wp-content/plugins and delete the entire folder of the WordPress plugin that you believe caused the problem. Say a little prayer, go back to your website, and fingers crossed it should be back up.
4. What a WordPress child themes?
Child themes are not themes about children. They are themes that inherit the design from their parent theme. They are good workflow to use when you are building websites, especially for clients. They enable you to put any tweaks into the child theme without editing the parent theme. This way you can update the parent theme without breaking or overiding the changes you have made.
5. What format of picture can I use on a WordPress website?
jpg, gif, png
6. What technologies is WordPress built on?
HTML, CSS, PHP all driven by a MySQL database.
7. My website is telling me to upgrade WordPress, is it ok to just click upgrade?
No, make sure you have a back up in place before you upgrade. Then go through your plugins one by one and make sure they are compatible with the version of WordPress you are upgrading to.
8. How do I add video to my WordPress website?
9.Is it possible to learn CSS without coming from a development background?
Yes CSS is quite easy to learn, once you understand the basics. I recommend looking up the CSS box model as this is an easy way to understand how you can start tweaking your websites.
10. How can I ensure my WordPress website isn’t hacked.
There are 3 main areas to look at. a)Make sure you keep your version of WordPress up to date, b) make sure you use quality themes (ideally your themes should be security tested like woothemes + securi) c) Make sure you only use quality plugins.